Boat Rentals in Lake Charles
Take one of our pontoon boats for a spin and enjoy some downtime on the water! Accommodating up to 10 riders, our boats make a perfect group outing for friends and family, with an added bonus – SWLA scenery! Reserve your date and time and we’ll take it from there.
Full-day rentals (8 hours)
Half-day rentals (4 hours)
Convenient drop-off and pick-up
Check out our inventory of boats that are ready to rent!
We pride ourselves on providing a stress-free watercraft rental experience. From drop off to pick up, we work to ensure you have the best time possible out on the water. Rent a pontoon boat from our fleet any day of the week, and you’ll see why we’re the premier provider of boat rentals in Lake Charles, LA.
Information & Waivers
We have a fleet of pontoon boats available for your adventure on the water! We offer full and half-day rentals for our boats.
The cardholder on file for the reservation must be present at drop-off for rental use. The reservation holder must have a valid Driver’s License. Failure to prove identity will result in a full cancellation of your reservation.
Rental holder must be 18 years or older to rent one of our boats. The name on the card must match the person accepting the rental, and an ID check is required to verify identity.
Rental holder must undergo instruction by Lake Area Adventures staff to safely and properly operate the boat being rented and complete the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Rental Boating Safety and Education Video. This video is in accordance with Senate Bill 424 from the 2022 Legislative Session. This video is not a replacement for the mandatory National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) approved boating education course. This video must be watched for those renting a boat, born after Jan. 1, 1984 and have not taken the NASBLA-approved boating education course. After watching this rental boating safety and education video, individuals have a 48-hour exemption from the NASBLA-approved education course to operate a vessel in excess of 10 HP.
Failure to complete these tasks will result in full cancellation of your rental.
Our waivers must be signed before you can take possession of your rental. If you would like to view our liability waivers in advance, you will find them attached below. They will be emailed to you after you complete the reservation process.
Passengers 16 years of age and younger are required by law to wear an approved life jacket at all times. Make sure to request a child’s size life jacket before your reservation date if you will be bringing anyone under 16 out with you.
TARDINESS TO YOUR RESERVATION TIME: If you are more than 10 minutes late for your rental time Lake Area Adventures reserves the right to cancel your rental in which only the customer deposit will be refunded. If a customer calls ahead of time and states they will be late for their rental time LAA will charge an extra $25 for every 20 minutes of tardiness.
Tips & Suggestions
We’ve been out on the water a time or two… maybe even hundreds! Here’s a list of things to consider bringing on your adventure from the boat day experts.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Did we mention sunscreen?
- A change of clothes
- Plenty of bottled water
(and other beverages of course)
- A cooler and ice
(Pro Tip: Put your sunscreen in your cooler, so your second application is extra refreshing!)
- Water toys if you plan on swimming in the lake
(We also have tubing supplies available for rent!)
- Dry bag or ziplock to keep your necessary documents and phones dry
- Your favorite sunglasses… it can get bright out there y’all!
One person’s perfect day may be too hot for someone else and too cold for the next person. As a rental and event hosting company, last minute cancellations are very costly. At the same time, we understand that things come up, and we don’t feel it is right for you to lose your entire rental/registration fee if you have to reschedule.
Lake Area Adventures collects a $200 deposit for all boats. The deposit will be refunded to our customer on the card used to reserve the rental. Our staff inspects each rental before leaving the pick-up site.
Our cancellation policy is simple and strict, but fair:
Lake Area Adventures determines refund criteria. Customers requiring a refund due to personal issues, such as sickness, financial hardships, personal schedule or any other personal difficulties will not meet the criteria for a refund.
– Approved cancellations (Determined by LAA Management) for boat(s) will have credit card fees and a 20% restocking fee subtracted from the amount paid by the customer.
– We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather. If the weather is unsafe due to high winds, lightning, or heavy rain, we will call our reservation holders to reschedule or cancel (Customers will NOT be charged the rescheduling fee but will be charged the credit card fees paid by Lake Area Adventures).
– We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
– If Lake Area Adventures staff determines a customer is not able to comply with the rental responsibilities due to alcohol consumption, improper documentation, or overall ability, the customer’s deposit will be refunded but all other fees charged upon the reservation will not be refunded.
– All requested cancellations or rescheduling must be done via email to Lake Area Adventures at email@example.com